Sunday, April 2, 2023

Easter tradition

 There is in Finland that on the Sunday that begins Easter, children have small branches of a tree or bush that has already partly woken to the spring, has flowers, and is among the first such species, and they have decorated the branches with coloured feathers and maybe coloured paper and threads. They go to relatives or neighbours and wave the branch in front of the other one and say "I freshen, I wave branch, to make you fresh and healthy, for the whole coming year. Which one you give : an egg or a chicken? The branch to you and the wage to me." And so they give the branch to the one whom they waved it and told the verse. And so they get candy, chocolade egg or a little money as coins. I think that doing this as a child to my relatives, with the wage a week later on Easter Sjnday,  made me learn about healing, since there is the spring to learn from, about how one recovers back to life like getting refreshed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Korpiklaani: A man with a plan

  See my blog ASorcerer.BlogSpot.com , a nice blog with lots of theory of the wisdom of the nature